• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parts Train: LAX towards San Diego?

Anak

Stranger
NAXJA Member
Johnnie Walker is going to be bringing my transfer case from Atascadero down to LAX October 15th. I think we are looking at a mid-day scenario.

Is there anybody in the area who could pick this up and move it along the way toward San Diego?

TIA

Last edited:
i could prob help....get it to sideways mark or grimm or falk and i can get it to carlsbad.

Not sure the status but if get to the corona/ lake Elsinore area I can get them to oceanside. I have a vacant house there in a safe neighborhood that has a lockbox on it so pickup would be wide open.

I don't think we yet have anyone who can meet Johnnie Walker near LAX. I expect mid-week, mid-day is when everyone is busy earning a living. Overall, that is a good thing and speaks well to the values of this group.

I might have to come up with a plan B.

Well, if JW can get it to Altadena instead of LAX I can get it from there to Oceanside. My business partner lives there and we see each other at least once a week.

The 10 and 405 sounds like it has promise. That should be en route between Atascadero and LAX.

I suspect Altadena is substantially out of the way, but I do appreciate the offer.

I will drop a line to Johnnie Walker and see if he can catch up with Mark.

Torrance and Bellflower aren't to far apart. I'm in Bellflower once a week racing BMX, usually Thursdays with the occasional Monday race. Would the thing ending up in Oceanside work? My vacant house is right off of the 76 and N. Santa Fe.

Mark, PM me your info.

That could be a winning proposition.

It sounds like Geoff could get it from Sideways, and I think Johnnie Walker is working with Sideways to hand it off to him.

If it can make it all the way down to San Diego that would be awesome.

Your parts arrived safely at my shop in Lawndale ready for pickup to San Diego.Now lets get the next step figured out.

I sent a PM to Sean, but I haven't heard back yet. Assuming his plans have not changed, sending it up to AAT with Geoff sounds like a good plan.

I am hoping that getting it from Lawndale to Torrance is as simple as it looks on a map.

Let me know if additional action is needed on my part.

Many thanks to those who are helping move this along.

Thank you Sean for being willing to help. I got your PM about work having to put you on-call for the weekend. I tried to send you a PM in response and the system says you have exceeded your capacity until you clear out some room.

At any rate, I understand things come up.

Anybody else have a chance to move this along?

If not, I can carve out some time to drive up to Lawndale. Beats driving to Atascadero.

He isn't... You can give to me on the 15th, worst case. Or give to someone heading to Long Beach early afternoon this Saturday

Back