• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Visual axle check local?

Seeker

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Chrysler 8.25 regeared to 4.56's from a jeep I rolled a few years back. I want to swap into my current jeep. We switched out the pinion yoke without a new crush sleeve. Seems like there is some play in it though it ran fine before the roll. I had one friend look at it and he said he would never run something line that in his vehicle. Another friend said it was fine and he would install on his jeep to prove it to me. Anyways it's out of my pay grade. Does any one have experience with gears and can give it a look over before I spend the time swapping it? Trade for a some beer or something from my shed sale? I am in Whittier. Pm me

Your not too far from Cracker. Send him a PM and see if he's feeling friendly.

Having had an 8 1/4 blow up because of the re-use of a crush sleeve, I would never put it back in without, at the very least, getting a new crush sleeve from Chrysler (not an auto parts store) and replacing it. The trick is that you may need to also check the pattern on the gears. I got about 2000 miles on the new axle before it blew up. It wasn't pretty.

Talking to cracker is a good idea. He may be able to help.

David Bricker / SYR

Back