• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Electrical Problem

jlmxj49

NAXJA Forum User
A little over a year ago I bought a new pickup after which I barely drove my Cherokee which is a 2001. Since then the few times I have driven it, the power windows and radio don't work. In the beginning it was an intermittent problem that would fix itself after a short time of driving. Now, it seems to be a permanent thing. When I turn the key back to ACC the windows and radio work fine but not when you turn the key over to run or after you crank it. Everything else works fine no matter what, even the power locks. I don't think it's a blown fuse but I did check the large ones under the hood and the are fine. I'm thinking it might be something in the ignition switch. Anybody else had this same problem?

The symptoms you describe are common, and are usually caused by short circuits in the drivers door wire harness. Inspect and test the wire harness for chafed wire insulation, cut/broken wires, and failed wire splices.

I think I'll try a new ignition switch because the radio and windows work when you turn the key back to acc but not when you turn the key to on. When this first started it was intermittent and seemed to be affected by the switch. Anyone seen a problem with the switch like this?

Back