• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to weld in new Cat on 94 XJ?

Cburb88XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So this probably doesnt matter much but from the factory the cat is clamped right to the muffler. I have a Magnaflow universal replacement cat but it is a lot shorter like 7-8 inches shorter. I was just going to have the cat clamped right to the muffler like before and then weld in the additional 7-8 inches of pipe to the down pipe right behind the cross member. Would it be better to do it the other way around or not? I could weld the cat in right after the cross member and then have my 7-8 inch pipe between the cat and muffler.

Just a small detail but was curious if it would really matter one way or the other before its burned in, thanks.

As long as the flow direction is correct, it does not matter.

Yea i figured it would be fine either way, just wasnt sure if one way was a better running setup or not. Dont know how it would effect the way the exhaust performs either way but oh well.

Back