• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibration under acceleration

Cubbetm

NAXJA Forum User
I have a vibration in my 1996 that is only present under acceleration. As soon as you lift off the throttle it goes away. It started after a trip to a local park.

I just did an 8.8 swap and put new u joints in. Drove fine to the park with a little tire shake but nothing like this. I can pull the rear shaft and it drives fine except for the crazy steering from the locker. No shakes

Obviously my first guess is u joints from the rear but they have been replaced. No weird noises from the rear. Both have a pinion angle of 5*. Transmission mount has been replaced but I haven't checked the motor mounts.

Any ideas?

A bad u-joint, or incorrect drive line angles. Isn't the 8.8 pumpkin offset ?

How much lift ? T-Case drop or SYE installed ?

I replaced both u joints since that was my first idea. It's offset to the passenger side but the vibration was not there until I wheeled.

Roughly 2" lift no sye to tcase drop. Never needed them before

I'm going to check my ubolts and throw the d/s on the lathe and see if its bent. I have a spare I was given but haven't received my spare yoke adaptor yet so I can't try it

Back