• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Transfer Case Skid Plate

uber xj

NAXJA Forum User
This skid was made by Appalachian Armor who is no longer in business. That being said this is a very strong skid plate that provides a ton of coverage. I have been running this skid plate since probably early 2009 and put it to use many, many times. The only reason I am selling is because I am installing a TNT Customs flat belly skid.

The skid mounts using 6 self tapping bolts. 3 mount to the front of the stock cross member and 3 mount to the drivers side "frame" rail. Simply mark the 6 holes, drill out, and use the bolts to tap the holes and mount the skid. I currently have 4 of the bolts needed (I'll see if I can track down the other 2). The other 2 wouldn't be hard to source from a hardware store.

$50 obo. Located in Spanaway but I make monthly trips to Portland and Bellingham and could meet up there.

I'll take it!
And I can hold out till the next time you come down to the Portland area, if you're not in a huge rush for the cash.

Awesome! It's yours. I will actually be in Portland this week from Wednesday to Friday. I stay around Lake Oswego but will be visiting accounts in Gresham. What's your schedule look like. I can meet up most anytime.

Tried to send a PM, but.....
uber xj has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

I just so happen to live out in Gresham!
...but I work in Hillsboro.
I leave the house typically around 5:30, and dont get home till around 5:30 or so...
I have podcasts I do Wed & Thurs nights, so I'm in the studio by 7-7:30 to start show prep.
Fridays, I typically dont get home till late.
Any chance you can meet me out here in Hillsboro one of these afternoons? I take lunch from 1-2....
Lemme know what will work best for you.

Last edited:
Sold. Thanks Josh!
No my friend, THANK YOU!...
It was cool meetin you, and hopefully in the near future we can get a chance to kick it for a little while longer. :cool:

Back