• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 XJ radio cassette - National

Rodrigo_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hello gents,

I´ve installed the original JEEP marked radio cassette (made by National) in my 1988 Wagoneer.

Everything works fine once i´ve changed the display led as it was "fried".

The problem is that I´m trying to set the radio clock with no luck.

In the jeep owners manual says the jeep was factory supplied with a radio manual in the glove box that is missing.

Please, could you tell me how to set the radio clock?
Thanks in advance

here you two pics of the radio cassette, hope they help
1235091_10200653635565387_638095552_n.jpg

996629_10200653657005923_1499945594_n.jpg

No clue
Just average the two times...it's 1:22 or so.

:rolleyes:

Google it! Brand, model etc. to see if you can come up with a manual or operating instructions.

unplug the battery and connect it at exactly midnight.

Why would ANYONE want to that POS back into their vehicle. Never, have I seen one of those units in an XJ. Only seen this style.

http://images.hollandersolutions.com/ACQ/GKB/HG2/AZI/E.jpg
And the am/fm only version. Maybe someone installed that from another AMC/Jeep made vehicle? Does not make sense to have that and the IP clock.

^^^^^
I have one of these...works like a charm. Great radio. The hard part was finding cassettes. Now I just record my own, but the unit itself works like new.

Note from DJ
I think that the OP radio is one that was built for export Jeeps sense the OP is in Spain.

ParadiseXJ I have the 1989 Owner’s Manual if you want to any information about how your system works PM me.

Hello,
Thanks for you inputs.
This is my 1988 wagoneer factory radio, not from a different Jeep model. My Waggy was assembled in Venezuela, maybe that explains is not a common radio on US XJs.
It really works very fine...
Here you are a closer pic:
10653655_10202660297610684_5536567090092634617_n.jpg

At the end I´ve been able to set the clock´s hour. Pushing the red button you can choose freq / hour and then , adjust using the tunning knob.

And this is the Wagoneer:
10364127_10202660298490706_3316728378231998283_n.jpg

Regards

Hi ParadiseXJ

You can find a lot of original cassetes on ebay.

Anyway...I´ve sourced this and it is a nice option as connecting to the cell phone you can not only listen the mp3 music but it also works as a free hand kit.

$_57.JPG

Nice looking Jeep. It's cool you have the original. My original Jenson died, and I replaced it with a rather retro Jenson HD. It doesn't scream " steal me."

Thanks DJ & Rodrigo...

I'm going to soon be replacing it with a newer unit. I do like the "don't bother stealing" look. I wish they'd make a removable faceplate that just looked like an AM radio.

Back