• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Al Unser LTD Edition MJ

xcm

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone got any information on these things? Ive got one, and its allways been a fascination point, but i havent seen or heard a peep about these things? EVER.

Mine was yellow with a black stripe/decals, 2wd, 4.0, non-a/c, manual windows/locks, factory(matching yellow paint) painted d35 diff cover.

Any info, other than "al unser jr raced mj's in the stadium series back when", or "check comanche club" would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Sorry, guess i forgot that part

wL6TaZ9.jpg

2TVTQ9x.jpg

Last edited:
I'm betting it's a dealer thing, not factory.

I worked as Service Manager at a Jeep dealer from 1981 through 1992, ordered 13 Comanches for myself as demos, and never saw anything like that.

I'm betting it's a dealer thing, not factory.

I worked as Service Manager at a Jeep dealer from 1981 through 1992, ordered 13 Comanches for myself as demos, and never saw anything like that.

This was kind of my thought as well. Looks a bit too "cheap" to be a factory job. Not to mention I've never heard of one. Beyond that there were plenty of dealer packages throughout the years. It is either a dealer package or something someone just put together themselves. Interesting in any regard.

Last edited:
I've never hear of one either. I has to be a dealer thing. Hell a previous owner could have done that too.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's a previous owner's tribute kinda thing. The decals look a bit cheezy for a "package" offered by a dealer for promotion or whatnot.

Never seen another one come up on ComancheClub, nor any talk about one.

Ignore all the naysayers.

Clearly a factory package. Nobody would intentionally paint their own truck that yellow. :)

Back