• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wagoneer Front Grille Installed on 96 Sport

Happytrails

NAXJA Forum User
Found an 88 Waggie a couple of weeks ago at the JY. Grabbed the header panel and all the lights and grille parts. Near perfect condition. Bot a set of new chrome quad bezels from Quadratec. And Parts Geek is sending a new set of orange corner markers.

Cleaned up the assembly, prepared the harness adapter, painted it to match, and installed it last weekend.

picture.php

album.php

Last edited:
Looks good. Are those stock style lights, or H4's?

That is baller.
I'd love to stuff 4x H4 conversions + LED headlight bulbs in that sucker, too, and see how the light output was.

The lights are stock Guide brand. Before messing with H4 I might try Sylvania Silver Stars. That is what I had in the previous header panel and I really liked them.

BTW, I will be selling the 21 slot grille I had before if anyone is interested. When I get around to it I will Crags List it for $100. Otherwise, NAXJA members make me a deal before hand. I know some of you out there really liked it. Also, it screws right in where the stock grille is. No mods necessary. These 21 slot grilles were off 84 and 85 wagoneer XJ's only. A two year run. The quad light grilles ran from 86 to 90 and only on the wagoneer XJ.

picture.php

Last edited:
I've been searching for that exact grille! I'm jealous, I want one in black!

I went back today to retrieve some more waggie trim and the car was already crushed. I don't think it was there 2 weeks. San Jose North PnP. So when these waggies come up, the window of opportunity is very short. PnP did not even put this on Row52.com. To them the car was not worth the listing cost. I found it on PnP's own inventory site.

I will keep my eye open for another and grab it. I think I paid $70 out the door. If I get one I will let NAXJA forum know. These are too rare to see crushed. Took me a year to find this one.

Strangely, Quadratec has new bezels, and Parts Geek.com has new side marker lights. And just so you know, the side markers are unique and not interchangeable with other XJ's. Close, but no fit.

I went back today to retrieve some more waggie trim and the car was already crushed. I don't think it was there 2 weeks. San Jose North PnP. So when these waggies come up, the window of opportunity is very short. PnP did not even put this on Row52.com. To them the car was not worth the listing cost. I found it on PnP's own inventory site.

I will keep my eye open for another and grab it. I think I paid $70 out the door. If I get one I will let NAXJA forum know. These are too rare to see crushed. Took me a year to find this one.

Strangely, Quadratec has new bezels, and Parts Geek.com has new side marker lights. And just so you know, the side markers are unique and not interchangeable with other XJ's. Close, but no fit.

I regularly check Pick-n-Pulls inventory in modesto and Stockton. Their website makes it pretty easy. Scored my C8.25 for $100 from PnP.

I'll have to start keeping an eye out for one of those grilles

I regularly check Pick-n-Pulls inventory in modesto and Stockton. Their website makes it pretty easy. Scored my C8.25 for $100 from PnP.

I'll have to start keeping an eye out for one of those grilles

Both Oakland and Fresno listed a wagoneer of the right year a month or two ago. The cars were never put on Row52.com so I never saw pics to know if the parts were right and in tact. Each was too far for me to go and just see. But they do show up from time to time.

The assemblies go for about $250 on eBay.

Happy hunting!

Photo not shown would like to see it.

Back