• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U-Nuts for Mech. and Electric Fan?

jls095

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know were I can get replacement u-nuts / speed nuts that mount the top of the mech. fan and electric fan to the radiator support bracket? I called the dealer and they said that the pattern is 10mm x 1.5.

Any idea what the exact specs are? I know the pattern is 10mm x 1.5, but I don't know the dimensions (e.g., length of the "U").

Does anyone know were I can get replacement u-nuts / speed nuts that mount the top of the mech. fan and electric fan to the radiator support bracket? I called the dealer and they said that the pattern is 10mm x 1.5.

I have a '96. On the off chance that your Jeep is dramatically different you can disregard all the following, but I suspect I am right.

If you are feeling ornery, go right out and procure yourself a 10 mm x 1.5 u-nut. After you compare it to your vehicle and confirm it is entirely incorrect then go back to the dealership and find the schmuck that sent you down the wrong path and bounce that one off his noggin.

The stock u-nuts are M5. The hole center to edge is 13.5 mm (or close to it). The bolts have an 8mm head if I recall correctly.

I changed things on my Jeep. Since the rest of the bolts for the upper radiator support require a 10 mm wrench/socket I went ahead and switched out the u-nuts to M6-1.0 with a 13.5 mm hole center to edge. I got the nuts off ebay. The ones I got are made by Au-ve-co products, P/n 12669. They also list part numbers 1016937, 11503957, N623332-S, I think as GM & Ford cross-reference numbers. You can probably just search for "Extruded U-nuts M6-1.0" and then look for the right hole center to edge measurement.

Then of course you would need new bolts too, and you have to enlarge some holes a bit. That might be more hassle than the average person cares for.

In that case search for M5 extruded u-nuts. I couldn't find them locally, and that is what got me started with changing things out in the first place.

The stock u-nuts are M5. The hole center to edge is 13.5 mm (or close to it). The bolts have an 8mm head if I recall correctly.

I changed things on my Jeep. Since the rest of the bolts for the upper radiator support require a 10 mm wrench/socket I went ahead and switched out the u-nuts to M6-1.0 with a 13.5 mm hole center to edge. I got the nuts off ebay. The ones I got are made by Au-ve-co products, P/n 12669. They also list part numbers 1016937, 11503957, N623332-S, I think as GM & Ford cross-reference numbers. You can probably just search for "Extruded U-nuts M6-1.0" and then look for the right hole center to edge measurement.

Really, really helpful.

Back