• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 xj wire issues

Aliendu4

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 xj 2dr 4.0 auto keep having a starting and wiring issue it runs from the gages not working and sometimes the check gages light comes on. sometimes i hear the door locks click open and shut and now it has a hard time starting it will start than turn key back and i won't crank over like battery is dead but than somehow will start again not sure what it could be. I do have the drivers door lock un plugged and also the close door sensor unplugged

Everything you describe is somewhat common for the XJ Cherokee. Research and read older NAXJA threads on the topics for easy fixes. You can also try the Google.

Time to start checking all connections, grounds in wiring harness unplug and check for any problems with each starting with the steering column to the fuse panel to the battery. This issue is very common and "usually" can be found this way corrosion or a slightly bent pin, not fully seated connector is a real PITA to find JMHO.

Back