• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PSI for edelbrock monoutbe reservoir shocks

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I am borrowing a Nitrogen tank from a buddy. Just checked the PSI in all 4 edelbrock mono tube reservoir shocks. No idea what to fill them to.

Current PSI ratings:
pass side rear: 180
driver side rear: 140
pass side front : 60
drier side front 30 to 0 really fast.

should they be at 300 PSI or more like 220, or 180 ?

any input is appreciated. These are no longer made and I could not find anything online about what psi to set them to. the stiffer the better.

I would start at 180. Sounds like youve got some seal issues...

ya they are like 5 years old and beat on pretty hard. I drooped out the suspension one shock at a time and filled the fronts. I couldn't eve get em past 190. psi.

From what I've heard and seen over the years is that the edlebrocks are great for the price but won't last with offroad abuse over a time.

From what I've heard and seen over the years is that the edlebrocks are great for the price but won't last with offroad abuse over a time.

Ya they have had a good run. Might not be a bad time to consider to start saving for some 7100s...

200 psi, almost all the shock fox bilsteins or kings swayaway are al 200psi, the emulsion are like 150psi, are the eddelbrocks rebuildable?

I read a thread that poly can rebuild them
Buts itll cost more than buying new shocks

My buddy in go fast says he hits his shocks with NO2 after every outting. These are like 5+ years or something . I Ended up setting the regulator to 240psi . Jeep drives like night and day --- driving better and actually gained like 1/2" lift all around and much stiffer and less body roll. I will probably pick up a welding tank and regulator at the local welding supply and top them off a few times a year. If I can just eek out a year or two more out of these shocks that will be great since there are so many other projects.

Back