• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PSC Tj pump on a renix erx Xj?

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
the guys at caves off road and PSC are saying that the 210$ TJ pump will bolt up to an 1989 renix era XJ ? Anyone have any input on this if it will ? I am looking at rock auto pics of both pumps and they look pretty close but they are different part numbers

PSC-SP1205CX: PSC Motorsports 97-06 Jeep 4.0 TJ High Performance Replacement Pump w/ Reservoir = $210.00

if the TJ pump is the same as a late model XJ pump it will fit. the pump is the same, the reservoir is different. the late model one will ift with minor adjustments made to the power steering line. If the PSC reservoir is larger than the late model reservoir you'll probably need the late model lines.

if the TJ pump is the same as a late model XJ pump it will fit. the pump is the same, the reservoir is different. the late model one will ift with minor adjustments made to the power steering line. If the PSC reservoir is larger than the late model reservoir you'll probably need the late model lines.

OK this is great info. I don't mind messing around with lines or the reservoir. I was worried about the mounting holes for the renix being threaded and perhaps the TJ was drilled out for a bolt/nut or something weird like that.

There was a bracketry change in 1996. 88-95 pumps are slightly different than the 96-01 pumps. I suspect since the TJ came out in 97 that it is the later style.

I have a late model pump and it has through bolts where the 88-95 pump has threaded bosses that two bolts on the bracket go into from the back. The late model pump is no threaded.

Looking at that Tj pump it is unthreaded unlike your renix era pump. I just installed an 01-04 Wj pump in my 87 MJ and followed this http://www.bsfab.net/?p=152 and it worked out perfectly.

shortxjdoug said:
i compared the old one with the 2001 pump i had. Turns out the 2001 and other ho pumps have a way bigger reservoir.
hata4ema.jpg

7u4abupu.jpg

Decided i must have it, took 2$ worth of fasteners from ace and it bolted up. The high pressure line needed some massaging to clear the new reservoir but the stock line can still be used
eteby8em.jpg

Added a cooler that was laying around
ydurugeb.jpg

It steers like a new jeep, no more angry sounds or sp

straight from the person that told me it fit.
just get some fasteners.

perfect. this is awesome information. thanks a ton guys.

Back