• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mountain Quail and denial on some road off 2N61Y

Boudroux

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I'm back from a weekend in Big Bear with my two boys and a buddy with his little boy. He just picked up a JK and wanted to get it dirty.

There is something so special about coming home and the boys running into the house with pure excitement in their eyes, jumping into moms arms and saying the one sentence any mother loves to hear after not seeing her boys for a couple weekend; "mommy, daddy broke the jeep again oh and I love you". LOL

Yesterday after setting up camp at crabflats campground we piddled around a bunch of the easy and blue diamond trails and did a ton of stopping, letting the boys run and climb rocks and what not and had a great day. Saw a bunch of mountain quail which was very cool. I've never hunted mountain quail so this season I think I'll give it the old college try.

This morning we woke up early, packed up and decided we would take as much dirt as possible in route to Pioneertown. Towards the end our goal was to take 2N61Y. Neither of us have been in that section of the forest. Not sure what trail we ended up on but it was certainly not a blue diamond trail like we thought it was supposed to be. Got denied in a big way. My buddy and I both heard something that sound like a part breaking and there is a nice new metal on metal scratching/rubbing sound. I'll have to check it out tomorrow. She seems to drive the same with the exception of this ugly new sound.

Freaking great weekend! That is some beautiful country over there and I'm definitely going to go back and do more exploring.

check for pebbles caught between the rotor and backing plate on the front end, they like to get stuck back there and make terrible noise.

sounds like a blast i can't wait till my little guy is old enough to go wheeling with me, my older sun is 15 and would rather chase girls than go to the mountains with me... but i can't fault him for that lol.

check for pebbles caught between the rotor and backing plate on the front end, they like to get stuck back there and make terrible noise.

sounds like a blast i can't wait till my little guy is old enough to go wheeling with me, my older sun is 15 and would rather chase girls than go to the mountains with me... but i can't fault him for that lol.

Good for him, at 15 I was to skeered still and focused entirely on surfing, skating and wrestling to avoid having to talk to girls. LOL How old is your little one?

However my 5 year old seems to have a way with the girls. He turned it up a notch this trip. A few camps away there was a girl who I would guess was 10 or so shooting a bow and arrow. My 5 year old took a liking to her and the bow. He was hanging out by her for a bit then came back to camp and asked me where the left over chocolate bars were from the previous night's smores. He took half a hershey bar and went back to his friend and gave it to her. It was game on at that point and next thing I know they are both running around shooting the bow, playing soccer and whatnot. It was pretty cute.

Back