• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CO2 tank exchange/refill

devildog0

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know of the closest place to Miramar that will exchange/fill a 20lb CO2 tank? Need to get my OBA tank filled up.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks guys. The Westair over close to the base closed down. Now the closest one is out in Santee I think. I'll look into the Airgas place. :)

there is a wetair in el cajon, which is where I go usually. also one in escondido.

airgas is generally just as good.

Do they put 10lbs in, or do they hook it to a larger tank and do an equalizing fill? Beverage factory does that, I weighed the tank before and after and pointed out they only put 5lbs in. I'm using a 20oz paintball tank for my ARB and use a fish scale and turn my 10lb upside down to fill it using a "fill kit". For the 10lb I just do a bottle exchange at westair.

Mark

Do they put 10lbs in, or do they hook it to a larger tank and do an equalizing fill? Beverage factory does that, I weighed the tank before and after and pointed out they only put 5lbs in. I'm using a 20oz paintball tank for my ARB and use a fish scale and turn my 10lb upside down to fill it using a "fill kit". For the 10lb I just do a bottle exchange at westair.

Mark

Good question, I'm not sure and had not thought about it.

Mine is a 20lb bottle. I'll hit up west air or airgas this weekend coming up probably see if I can setup an exchange. I'm not attached to this bottle so no big deal if I need to trade it in.

I would vote for West Air over Airgas (still Parsons in my mind) any day of the week. When acetylene got hard to get a couple of years ago Airgas made it clear that they didn't give a tinker's curse about the little guys. West Air was still willing to sell to guys like me. From that point on Airgas became my last resort.

Sounds like a glowing review to me. I may take a trip out to Santee to do the exchange. I'll call them tomorrow.

Back