• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my 88 Pioneer is getting a SBC 350

TjMj11

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 88 Pioneer, just pulled a 5.7l 350, have a 700r trans, and would like to know if anyone else has done this swap. How much of the wiring I need to pull off the old chevy or is it easier just to pick up a new harness from painless proformance? If I get a new harness do I save the ECM/PCM or is another one sent with the harness? I already picked out the lift I want and will be ordering the motor mounts, headers, and trans-to-transfer case adapters soon. I just want all my ducks in a row before I get to far ahead of myself. If anyone can share some of their experiences or knowledge regarding a chevy swap that would be awesome!
Thanks

That all depends on what year/type 5.7 you have, Carb or efi....... Novak adaptors has all kinds of info on all kinds of swaps.

the motor is also an 88, EFI, and I have emailed Novak about wiring. No replies yet and it has been over a week. I ended up pulling the whole harness from bumper to bumper. Now to start pulling the driveline on the comanche and wires.

Back