• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do I need to change to adjustable upper control arms?

2001-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hello All,

I am new to the jeep world so bare with me. I just picked up a 2001 2 door Cherokee with a 3" lift. I noticed that only between 37Mph and 43Mph I begin to get death wobble. The control arms aren't the best in the world bushing wise. Should I go with an adjustable control arm or would the OEM replacements be fine?

It could be hundreds of things. Last time it had an alignment? specs on said alignment? Trackbar and steering angles?

At 3" of lift, one should consider longer lower control arms. If adjustable control arms are within your budget, they are better than fixed control arms. Replacing worn bushings or suspension/steering components, and balancing the tires should cure any wobbles.

Measure the actual lift and compare it to stock. Hopefully it has settled between 2 and 3 inches. If so, check everything DeftwillP listed. You may find that it is actually 3.5 or 4 inches. That creates a whole laundry list of potential drive line issues. At least you will know where to start.

Back