• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injectors

Cowboycq

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i cant seem to find the injector thread. I have a 98 xj and lookin to upgrade the injectors can someone jus post the link to the thread or give me the part number i need for a 98. Thanks

Wow.....a lmgtfy from the guy who signed up last month and has already started a "do i want a stroker" thread and the "i want the bestest suspension"......

pot. meet. kettle.

In my opinion, this really isn't an upgrade. I think a lot of people fall into the placebo effect.

Unlike direct injection engines and other uses where spray pattern is critical, your fuel is just going to be sprayed into the cylinder from the intake manifold. From here, it just drips down and pools onto the piston before being sparked up and the spray pattern doesn't really matter.

If anything, the only thing you'll be doing is replacing a working part with a new part. Unless your existing injectors are acting weird, I wouldn't even bother.

Last edited:
In my opinion, this really isn't an upgrade. I think a lot of people fall into the placebo effect.

Unlike direct injection engines and other uses where spray pattern is critical, your fuel is just going to be sprayed into the cylinder from the intake manifold. From here, it just drips down and pools onto the piston before being sparked up and the spray pattern doesn't really matter.

If anything, the only thing you'll be doing is replacing a working part with a new part. Unless your existing injectors are acting weird, I wouldn't even bother.

It's significant on Renix Jeeps as the original injectors tended to leak at a crimp and leak fuel on to the manifolds.

Re: Re: Injectors

Err .. It doesn't pool the fuel on the piston.. If it does, the injector definitely needs replaced. The injector atomizes the fuel so that it properly mixes with the air coming in.
I do agree though, upgrading really does nothing for the stock HO as the stock injectors are well capable of delivering more than enough fuel.

I'll also agree with that sentiment for HO's. I went to ford oranges on my 99 and never really noticed much outside of placebo effect. I did have a leaking stock injector so it kind of made sense at the time.

Back