• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX15 Fluid source?

synthetic 10w-30 is the new "mopar" fluid for ax15

as far as i know the only gl3 on the market is high dollar redline but i dont specifically know which one

tried that, this happened. All that glitters is not gold.
x5pFOCz.jpg

I, along with a few buddies, have had the best luck with Pennzoil Snycromesh. Its yellow metal friendly and greatly improved cold shifting.

Damn... That doesn't look good.

No it doesnt.... I was gonna scrape it up and bottle it as a memento, but it was too painfull.

I, along with a few buddies, have had the best luck with Pennzoil Snycromesh. Its yellow metal friendly and greatly improved cold shifting.

I noticed that synchromesh stuff last night at the parts stores, IIRC it says its gl-4/gl-5, but its yellow metal friendly? very interesting. Will have to look into it.

you can buy whole cases of redline MT-90 on amazon or ebay. ebay is where mine came from. It's expensive($12 a quart is case price), but so is a new AX-15.

amsoil has a man trans gl3 fluid you can get at any local dealer.

syncromesh will work as well.

the MT-90 is worth the extra expense, having driven AX-15's with all three in them. It's magical for cold 1st to second shifting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Line-Oi...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cda2700e1&vxp=mtr

13 dollars a quart shipped. Yes, it hurts the wallet, and you'll be certain to not spill a drop.

The Redline MTL, MT-90 or Amsoil MT&T 75/90 are all excellent and synchro friendly. I use them in all transmissions and transaxles that call for GL-3 or GL-4. Do not use any synthetic gear oil with a GL-5 rating.

Ive run redline mtl and mt-90 with good results.

About $50 for a gallon, but the change intervals are pretty long compared to an auto.

How many quarts does the AX-15 take?

I saw 3.4 quarts in another thread.

Remove the fill plug first, then the drain.
While you are waiting for the trans to drain, pull the top plate where the shifter attaches. Once you reinstall the drain plug, you can pour the.fresh oil in the top, and reinstall the fill plug when the oil starts Exiting the fill hole.

I saw 3.4 quarts in another thread.

Remove the fill plug first, then the drain.
While you are waiting for the trans to drain, pull the top plate where the shifter attaches. Once you reinstall the drain plug, you can pour the.fresh oil in the top, and reinstall the fill plug when the oil starts Exiting the fill hole.

Thanks!

FWIW, Autozone repair guides recommend 75/90W GL-5

Also FWIW (I know XCM asked about AX-15's) According to my 01 FSM, Jeep put in NV3550's in newer models which call for only Mopar PN 4761526. According to the "Forums" it's a lifetime lube ;)

-Ron

Back