• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which LCA is best?

bentroia

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for the best options for lower control arms for my 97 with a <4 inch suspension. Considering durability, maintenance, ride and flex...

BDS Adj flex/rubber or Rubicon Adj Super flex are what I am leaning towards.

I'd love to hear your experience - ideas on what's good, not so good and why..

Thanks

I have JKS adjustable uppers and lowers as well. I like them.

Dude, don't you have JKS lower control arms?
If you want something more hard-core, look at Ruffstuff Specialties. They are simple and rugged as all getout.
If you need cushier, Iron Rock Offroad can sell you some with OEM rubber bushings at both ends - though with your lift height, you might be best served by using drop brackets & just see how you like the ride afterwards.
It's hard to talk crap about Rubicon Express stuff, though when you already have the JKS arms it's debatable whether that's an upgrade..

Well, if upgrading from JKS. Clayton or TnT Customs.
Depending on price, I might be interested in the JKS LCA for my MJ project.

I ran metalcloak arms on both a mj I built as well as our shop jk. They rode great and take a beating without wearing out

2nd vote for MetalCloak. It's the best of both worlds, they transfer less vibes and flex more than any other joint I have seen on the market.

Thank you for the suggestion on Metalcloak.

context: 1997 xj, 95 k miles, installed complete DPG Off road ultimate kit (jks trackbar, discos, arms, emu shocks springs).... knocking noise under passenger seat immediately after install.

After dealing with a clunk-knock noise for months, tightening and rechecking every bolt multiple times, replacing a broken motor mount, returning the original JKS arms and installing a second set.... Today, I installed a net pair of Metalcloak lower control arms. Install was a snap, did not even jack up the Jeep or remove a wheel.

BINGO - No noise, silky smooth operation, quiet on road, solid handling - manners.

I was in denial on the JKS arms because they are stated as high quality and so many people are satisfied with them... Not this Jeep....

If you want this pair of JKS they are like new, and I will sell them cheap.. PM me

Ironman4x4fab makes em with rubber, poly, or cartridge. Solid bar steel too.

consider the ruffstuff DIY arms with 1.25 heims and 2" DOM .250

Back