• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RPMs drop to zero HELP!!!

Lucky2BAlive

NAXJA Forum User
Ive been having trouble with my 95 XJ auto 4.0L. The RPMs will drop to zero and have to be started back up. It used to idle rough the shut off, now it just shuts off randomly whether im on the interstate or sitting at a stoplight. I getting pretty good at shifting into neutral and starting back up going 55 :).
Im thinking electrical, maybe air problem /vaccum leak????, Cooling system???? PLEASE HELP!!!! I dont know where to start..... :bawl:

Tune-up, clean up the Throttle Body and Idle Air Controller, test the Crankshaft Position Sensor.

Yeah I know guys, I'm working too much (50+ hours a week) just got it clean and better tires and replaced damaged peices. But thanks a lot for helping me pinpoint the problems

its probably the TPS throttle positioning sensor on line 20$

The more common and more logical fault is the CPS. All the sensors can be tested.

One should always use genuine Jeeps sensors. Cheap parts are cheap for a reason.

Back