• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE, Driveshaft, Lockers Short Term Review

genevamotorsports

NAXJA Forum User
A few thoughts on my newly installed Lokka front and rear lockers, Advance Adapter SYE kit and Tom Wood drive shaft. These have been long overdue on my semi daily driver '98 XJ. I installed a Rusty's 3" lift over a year ago and have been dealing with minor vibrations ever since. I found after measuring, the lift is actually 4" in the rear and 4 1/2" in the front. The lockers were just for better stick in our Florida mud and sand.

I'll start with the Lokka lockers. I don't mind spending money on good products and usually make a point not to buy the "cheapest" of anything. After researching all the lunch box units, I could not find anything convincing that any one brand is better than any others. I chose to try Lokka as they were fast in responding to my email and the price was at least $120 less than the next in line. I went ahead and ordered the front and rear set. The shipping was amazing at 3 business days from Australia to Florida! The kit was complete, very well made, and installed just as the directions stated. The noise is very low for tight radius turns and silent on the road. The increase in traction is astonishing. So far, I give them an A+. I won't put them through any torture like you mountain and rock guys so they should last well.

The Advance Adapters SYE kit was a recommendation by Tom Wood's shop, to fit my needs and use. The kit was ordered with one of their drive shafts. The representative was very informed and the order went smooth. Shipping was super fast and exactly as stated. The kit was high quality and complete. The directions were excellent and everything fit perfect. After fine tuning my pinion angle to their recommended specifications, the vehicle is smoother than ever. I should not have waited this long! The ride finally feels "right". There is no doubt in my mind that these parts will perform well for a very long time.

Value is hard to get these days. I feel that I have already received a great value with these latest additions. These companies gave me exactly what I wanted for a great price, and shipped them when promised. Compared to other toys, the amount of quality, inexpensive XJ upgrades is amazing. Enough said.

Last edited:
Back