• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are 97-01 XJs pre-wired for Infinity tweeters?

PumpinIron

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a set of the factory Infinity tweeters to put in my 01 Cherokee. I was curious to know whether the cars that came with the standard stereo (non-Infinity) are pre-wired for the tweeters or not.

Thanks in advance guys!

IDK about the infinity system.. But I will say my XJ is prewired for front and rear doors, amp under rear seat, hatch/sound bar, and 2 in the dash. Potential 8 speaker system. My XJ left the factory with a basic stereo and just the 2 front door speakers.

Good to know, guess I have to check mine out and see if there's wiring there.

8 speaker system, so two tweeters, two in the front doors, and two in the rear sound bar... Where are the other two?

Yes, 97-01 with power mirrors/locks and the upgraded head unit are plug and play for factory Infinity tweeters. The base models with AM/FM cassette and only 2 speakers, may or may not be, I have not checked one.

The 97-01 Factory Infinity system has 6 speakers and an amp under the rear passenger seat. .

Last edited:
Yes, 97-01 with power mirrors/locks and the upgraded head unit are plug and play for factory Infinity tweeters. The base models with AM/FM cassette and only 2 speakers, may or may not be, I have not checked one.

The 97-01 Factory Infinity system has 6 speakers and an amp under the rear passenger seat. .

Thanks, that's what I needed to know! I wanted to upgrade the sound system without breaking the bank.

Good to know, guess I have to check mine out and see if there's wiring there.

8 speaker system, so two tweeters, two in the front doors, and two in the rear sound bar... Where are the other two?

Mine has factory wires in all 4 doors, a connection at the back for hatch or soundbar, and also in the dash in the knee panel, total 4 left and 4 right. Also has the connection under the rear seat. BUT per the build sheet left the factory with the standard 2 speaker radio, speaker in cab doors.

Mine is a 2001 Limited that is almost fully loaded with the heated seats, leather (well vinyl I mean), overhead console, sound bar, and every other option you could get minus the Infinity sound system. I'm hoping since it is a Limited model and fully loaded that it will have the wiring for the Infinity system.

I know a lot of guys will just tell me to go get something aftermarket (which I already do have a nice head unit) but I'm not too concerned with having the nicest stereo in the world. The factory Infinity system would be more than enough.

1997 - Had separate harnesses for everything.(I had to create my own power harness for power options I added.) Sound options had entirely different pin outs on the door harness connectors.
1998 - Mixed bag of 1997/1999.
1999 through 2001 - Only one or two harnesses, generally everything can just be added or a small support harness may need to be swapped out.

Back