• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A heck of a bargain on a bench vice at OSH in WLA

Nimrod

Degenerate Jeeper
NAXJA Member
I was just in OSH on Bundy in WLA and bought a display model Craftsman 6" vice, marked down to $20. Plus, I used a 15% off coupon that they are handing out at the door and at the registers. So $17. This was a clearance item, so I got the only on. But they also had a 5" Craftsman vice marked down to $15, or $12.75 with coupon. Again, a clearance item and only one available. So you might want to call before heading over and be sure it's still there.

good deal.

I need a new 6" myself

Gonna upgrade from that little 4 incher?

one 3" and one 6"......both have been beaten down and are of typical harbor freight quality

one 3" and one 6"......both have been beaten down and are of typical harbor freight quality

Soooo many things that could be said about the above comment, but I'll leave that to the exercise of the reader. :moon:

David Bricker / SYR

Just watch craigslist and swap meets for an old Prentiss, Columbian, Wilton, etc. Old US made ones are really nice. I've got a 4" wilton and 5" columbian D45. My HF vise sucked compared to both of these.

i prefer 6" Kurt mill vices. You can usually find them used from $50-100, and they're so much better than any bench vice for most things.

You ever use a 50 year old wilton machinist vise?

Back