• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TNT belly pan install help 242

one bad dakota

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having problems with the smaller transfer case skid that attaches to the main cross member skid. On all the web pics I've seen the part that attaches to the inner frame rail with the crush sleeves is flat with 2 holes in it. On mine they welded a triangular piece that ends halfway up the usual flat part I'm accustomed to seeing. This of course makes it impossible to fit the skid flush and tight to the inner frame rail. I for the life of me can't conceptualize why they did this. The directions don't mention any of this. I haven't had a chance to talk to tnt yet. Am I missing something here?
I'll try and get a pic soon. This would be the latest generation-I assume.
Thanks,
Tom

6fa2e8e0-22d3-443b-85c4-af6ae44107c0_zps4b8276c5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
is that piece welded at the top?

It looks like it just got bent in shipping. Unbend the piece until it's parallel and I bet it slips right over the unirail.

That's kind of what I thought, but there are welds at the corners and the box was not crushed. It "looks" like it was designed that way. When I try and line everything up, it looks like if I simply cut it off, everything would bolt up!

That has to be a blem. Call the Monday and talk to them. All the TNT belly kits and long arms I've installed with a 242 did not look like that at all. That has to be a blem or something bit that is not right.

Back