• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How will 31x10x50 duratracs look compared to my 30x9.50 cooper at3

cmahaff

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for some opinions on how you think some new 31x10.50 duratracs will look on this jeep and if it seems like they will fit ok. I'm not opposed to trimming the fenders and I know about the possible lower control arm rub.

One of the guys at discount seems to be giving me a pretty decent deal if I want to return my Coopers and get the duratracs. We are going to do a test fit tomorrow and I was hoping to get some opinions before then.

Considering the duratracs on my part is a bit vein because I want a bigger beefier look.
a5apupun.jpg
y7ujyta6.jpg
vy9a4ehe.jpg
I know there will be somewhat of a cost involved, so I'm wondering if y'all think it is worth it at all.

This might be a borderline post for this section. But I'm having a hard time seeing a huge variety of places to post on this tapatalk app

Last edited:
I guess I'm not entirely sure of my question. I'm just having anxiety of possibly putting the 31s on. I have read tons on other forums and became as educated as I could I suppose. It just made me feel better to post my own on naxja.

It makes sense that I would just see for myself when discount mounts them. Sorry for the dumbness. Please feel free to delete before anyone else's time is wasted.

I do have a question though. What's the section called where people do just post pictures to show things and stuff

Yea I'm only at about 1.75 maybe 2. I'll probably cancel my appt at discount. I just happened to be there about my car and the guy was being super cool saying we could try the 31s and it sparked my interest a bunch.

I don't wanna mess up my flex or anything. I should probably just stick with the 30 coopers.

Yea I'd trim for sure if I needed too. And probably do the WJ LCA. Are there any other areas id have flexing issues. I do disconnect my anti sway bar. I also looked at my leafs. The tire is already fairly close. I imagine as long as it doesn't touch it's ok?

You also might consider becoming a paid member of naxja. There are quite a few perks. http://www.naxja.org/html/membership_faq.htm#Q1

I'm down with that. I didn't even know that existed

Buy a grinder few cutoff discs some 35's and go to town. Honestly 30's 31's meh pretty much the same size in my book talking about a .5 inch size increase all around.

I have a grinder!
7uze5aje.jpg

Oh you don't wanna know the questions I'd have with 35s. Ok cool, so you don't think there is a big size difference between the two, or there isn't a big size difference between the two. So I wouldn't be changing much from the rubbing and what not I already have. So now I just need to figure out if it's worth it for me to pay a little extra to get the more aggressive look in the Duratracs

Alright I put the duratracs on. I'm excited. They look cool. Definitely have to do some trimming now. And probably the WJ LCA. This guy at a local 4x4 shop was saying he'd rather have the stock XJ CAs because they are more flexible and under extreme stress they would be the ones to bend or break instead of the mounting bracket. Has anybody ever heard of this?

I think they are going to make your ass look fat.:gag:

Alright I put the duratracs on. I'm excited. They look cool. Definitely have to do some trimming now. And probably the WJ LCA. This guy at a local 4x4 shop was saying he'd rather have the stock XJ CAs because they are more flexible and under extreme stress they would be the ones to bend or break instead of the mounting bracket. Has anybody ever heard of this?

Try flexing out the suspension, before you start cutting.

Back