• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE boomerang shackle dimensions

Nimrod

Degenerate Jeeper
NAXJA Member
I'm trying to figure out if a boomerang shackle will solve a problem I'm having with my rear leaf spring eyes impacting against the rear bumper. I'm specifically interested in the Rubicon Express 6" greaseable shackle, part no. R/ERE2705. Before I order one, though, I'd like to mock one up with a piece of cardboard or something to see how it will hang and how it will move as the leafs flex, to be sure it will give the clearance I'm looking for.

I've looked online but cannot find any picture or diagram giving the dimensions that I most need to know. Specifically, I need to know the distance from the upper bolt hole to the bend and the width of the shackle. I've drawn a very crude diagram to indicate the dimensions I'm asking about. (See below.). The angle of the bend would also be helpful, but not essential.

If anyone has a set of RE 6" greaseable shackles and can provide those specs, I'd really appreciate it.

02641AAD-0F67-4916-8F9A-4E5963086481_zpszw8cgdiv.jpg

When I installed them, they would still hit a rear bumper bolt. They're ok. Shackle relocation brackets really fixed that problem

Back