• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PSC resevoir without cutting hood

jonzer12

NAXJA Forum User
Let see some pics of how you guys mounted your PSC external resevoirs.

I have the new style CBR pump with the latest gen reservoir. I can't see any way of keeping the res output above the pump without it sticking a inch or two through the hood. I would like to see some options before I punch a hole in the hood.

It was tough to get mine under the hood without cutting a hole. I ended up using the PSC mount on the break booster. I had to run a 1" spacer on the good to pop it up, and had to cut out some of the bracing on the hood to make it clear. If I wouldent have tightened down the overflow line fitting and could of taken it off I could of gained another 3/4 of a inch. But mine works great and I don't have problem with fees issues at all. I do with the line between the pump and Rez was shorter, because the shorter it is the better. But not possible without cutting the hood. Hope this helps ya!

Last edited:
When I was installing my reservoir I called PSC and they told me you need to dent or cut out part of the inner wheel well so you can drop it down for hood clearance. The hood still wouldn't close so I wrapped the reservoir above the weld with electrical tape and then reinstalled it. Ihave a couple of pics but wasn't able to post them.

Back