• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ball Joints - best, cheapest source?

ParadiseXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My former XJ...now my son's...needs ball joints, according to the alignment shop. They quoted him $550 for both sides. I've never done ball joints but I know him and I can do it in an afternoon for less than a third of that. It's eaten up a couple sets of used tires. He's on a tight budget so I'm, looking for the best cheap source for Moog (or better) BJ's.

Your local carquest or Napa should carry moog, spicer, etc. Otherwise, go for some synergy joints from poly performance

It's hard to beat Moog. I just bought a set of
4 for an Explorer. They're all made in the
good ol' USA.

A lot of the cheaper ones are mfg. offshore,
usually Asia.

NAPA wants $260 for the set according to the "less than knowledgeable" counter guy. I think he's wrong.

Rock Auto wants $117 for same set ?? Yes, both sides, upper & lower. Both Moog.

Weird!!!

Cheapest, easiest source? ME.

I have some Spicer's for sale. Uppers and lowers. I bought for a front end rebuild project, but my heep hasn't been abused so the stockers are still good - I never replaced mine.

Shoot me a PM. New in the box still.

I can sell you my quality BJ press too. I don't need it anymore (I'm moving out of state).

Back