• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 Efan relay

bluejeepkid

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sure this has been covered but I can't seem to find it. Anybody know which wires go to which terminal for the stock electric fan relay? I'm having a hard time getting it right.
It's a 97 4.0. Thank you!

:NAXJA:, please correct my erred if isn't proper to relay, post 30 light green red, post 85 blue pink, post 87 light blue, post 86 white or blue and white. 97 Efan relay to RBM make circuit.:attom:

:NAXJA:, please correct my erred if isn't proper to relay, post 30 light green red, post 85 blue pink, post 87 light blue, post 86 white or blue and white. 97 Efan relay to RBM make circuit.:attom:

thanks! I will try this as soon as I get some time and post back for the results

Easy enough to rotate your PDC over to see what wires run up and into your elec. fans relay. Four wires there, post 30 light green-red, post 85 blue-pink, post 87 light blue, post 86 white or blue and white. Out of curiosity is this correct? The light blue wire is 12 gauge and will supply elec. to your RBM. Thnxs. :attom:

just tried it, this is correct
thanks!

At some point did the vehicle ever have the update done for the headlight flicker when the fan comes on? (this applies to 97-up) If so, there's a relay box behind the left headlight in line with the fan motor. Just thought you should know.

Back