• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

searching for junkyard 44 yoke?

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
Im switching my dana 30 yoke from strap to ubolts and need to know what vehicles to search under at the yard that have dana 44 and the ubolt yoke to fit my 30
TIA

You can't drill all of them out safely. I know on one I tried that with, there wasn't enough shoulder on the backside for the nuts to snug up.

Not only that, but the spacing is not the same on a strap yoke and u-bolt yoke; so when you tighten down a u-bolt on a strap yoke it crushes the bearing cap instead of capturing the head.

After fooling around with drilled out yokes with the problems that Cal and I mentioned, I finally just broke down and bought ones that were already set up for ubolts from Denny's Driveshaft. I like the piece of mind.

Now if I can just get that axle wrap fixed so I stop busting rear yokes and ujoints.

Yep found out first hand that on my yoke drilling isnt possible the nut wont fit so im looking for a j/y yoke

now on my 8.25 drilling worked well.....
Can we not turn this into a drill/no drill debate and address the question at hand?

To keep it on topic: I found a cheap d44 yoke on ebay that I was going to work on from an older ford. It wasn't until I opened the package that I realized it was way fewer splines than what's on the d30. Just something to watch out for...should be plenty obvious at the jy.

If you break a driveshaft or ujoint it can break the small tab off. I had it happen to my 8.25 once

Here you can kind of see the missing tab

Happened when I did this

Last edited:
Back