• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Extended SS Brakelines ?

bentroia

NAXJA Forum User
My 97 is lifter 4 inches and I am going to replace the brake lines. Is there a difference on quality of what is available (Crown, Rugged ridge, Rubicon, Tom-Ken ect)? Is 22 inch the right length for the front? What product should I use and why?

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Rough country sells some rebadged crowns on ebay for like 55 bucks that work great around 3.5-5 inches of lift.

Greets.., my being a newbie to the XJ world, I wonder if this question should go to the wayside without asking.., but here it goes.
(1) With your lift, does your XJ have front dis-connects for your sway bar, and have you removed your rear sway bar?

Greets.., my being a newbie to the XJ world, I wonder if this question should go to the wayside without asking.., but here it goes.
(1) With your lift, does your XJ have front dis-connects for your sway bar, and have you removed your rear sway bar?

Both my sway bars got tossed in the trash years ago. If you tow or daily drive your jeep get disconnects for the front and toss the rear one. Leafs dont get a lot of sway so the rear bar does very little.

You could also go with bars in the front like the currie unit that is a sway bar made for off-roading but the street driving side it will be a lot more loose then the factory bar.

1) With your lift said:
Yes and yes.... Really want to get the right length so I don't have a loop of line slapping around....

Does 4 inches of lift equate to 4 inches more brake line ?
R 12 to 16
F 18 to 22

Last edited:
It doesn't exactly equate the same but the major factors will be droop. Long arms will droop out a lot more then short arms and will require a longer line. Short arms bind up after a certain amount of travel and won't require a line as long.

That being said I got lines that where said to work up to 5 inches of lift and they have worked fine and not limited travel at all.

Back