• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ball joints?

Synergy makes a really nice ball joint for the D30, however the most economical choice would probably be spicer.

I was going to get the synergy joints but I'm not sure ill be keeping the 30 that long and I've had good luck (as have many others) with the spicers so that's the route I'm going

if i remember correctly... the synergy ball joints were on par with both spicer and moog in terms of pricing. alloy usa is a cheaper option, but synergy > alloy.

ive had good luck with durafails from autozone, though im sure many will say to avoid like the plauge. i keep 'em greased, and the lifetime warranty pays for itself. but the jeep isnt a daily and i dont mind wrenching and drinking beers over a lazy weekend. when i finally do my WJ swap it will be with synergy ball joints. KOH proven.

Either stock replacent style Spicers or if you have the extra money Synergy's. That's about the only two options I would put in a D30. Actually I would only bother with Spicers because I hate putting money into 30's and Spicers do a damn good job.

I bought Spicers from Serious Offroad after the Raybestos ball joints I installed failed after two years of daily driving (very little real offroad use). Don't buy Raybestos...

Back