• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replaced crank and cam(pickup)

steveob17

NAXJA Forum User
]After not getting spark at my coil and doing multiple testing. I found both the crank and can sensor bad. The magnet on the pickup broke off. And when looking at live data while cranking I had 0 rpms. After changing them the jeep, 97 country, fired right up and ran a little rough. After about one minute it cut off and will not start again. My crank sensor if from advance 87$. I do still have rpms at the scan tool which tells me it didn't fail but all symptoms point that aftermarket sensor failing right off the bat. Code I have now is 1389 no ASD output. All fuses and relays are good.

Cheap parts are cheap for a reason. Buy genuine Jeep sensors.

You are inspecting/testing the sensor wire plugs, and wires, right ?

The crank sensor you got from Advance, was it a Standard brand part? Very bad experiences with Standard brand electronic parts. You'll install them and wind up with another issue altogether.

Yes I had checked all wires and all. It was the bwd crank sensor. I've heard bad stuff about them too after I ran across this. When it fired it ran really rough

My 95 wouldn't run on a bwd sensor. Well.. It did run, but very badly and only at idle. Any throttle and it would backfire and stall. I put a OEM sensor in and it ran perfectly.

After looking at the injectors and they way the engine runs I have found injector 2, 3, 4 to be bad. Upon removal of the plug there is no difference in engine performance. When I remove either 1,5,6 it almost stalls out. My ohm meter quit on me and I cannot test the internal resistance of the injectors themselves. They are getting pulse as I can feel it back probing it.

Back