• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacing old lift need some advice

Vonguido

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys need some advice.

My 98 XJ Limited, 4.0, AW4, 242, is sitting on an old rusted/sagging lift....its made up of a 2" Teraflex BB(spacer and shackle) and a Rustys or RE 3.5" Coil and AAL and RE lower control arms(all of this from the previous owner), I just recently had Fox 2.0 Shocks put in to replace the old rusted out white bodies. Im looking to replace it completely with new and better components. I want to stay around 4.5"-5" of total lift with bumpers, winch, etc. I also want to go to long arms. This is my DD and more of an overlanding style rig.

I have been looking at 3.5" or 4.5" RE Coils with ACOS spacers for the front or Currie 4.5" springs with ACOS spacers.

The rear is where I get a little unsure, between shackles, relocation kits, springs I get a little lost. As I mentioned above its a DD and it will be loaded down from time to time for camping and adventures and I will be getting Long arms eventually.
I was looking at JKS Shackles and 3.5" RE Leaf packs...I would like Deaver leaf packs but they are out of my price range. Also what about the relocation kits/boxes?

Long arms will be either Serious Offroad LA or BDS 4 Link LA

Thanks in advance guys, like I said I'm just a little lost and want to hear from those that run those parts.

if you want good ride and are gonna be loading it down dont skimp on the springs you splurged on nice shocks so i would do a quality coil up front and out back get some clayton leafs and shackle relocation brackets...shackle relocation brackets are awesome they give optimum shackle angle which really improves ride quality and flex...

as for long arms i can only soeak from experience i have had Rusty's which were good my buddy has rc which are good and my new jeep has tnt which are good the only thing i would change about all of those kits is having to drop the arms to remove the crossmember/ belly pan i have always wanted clayton longarms for this reason they have a 3-piece crossmember and their arms look super beefy

Thanks for the input. I want to get the Currie springs just gonna have to wait to get them. JCR Off-road is having a swap meet up in Michigan end of August and BDS will be there as well selling scratch and dent stuff so I'm hoping they will have a scratch and dent long arm upgrade I can take from them.

For maximum leaf spring flex I'd go with shackle relocation for sure! HD Offroad makes one of the best, I run the no lift relo boxes on mine, but either way will work.

Now if your gonna buy a shackle too, I highly reccomend boost works shackles with the ballistic joint. I get stupid flex with my RC shackle and relo boxes, but I've seen the relo boxes with boost works shackles and its really impressive! (Obviously the right spring pack makes a difference too)

Just keep looking around and see what fits your needs best.

Back