• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carnage...

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
u5a3ura8.jpg

ugy4e8u2.jpg

mac 'center pin took out pinion' gyvr

I suspected this outcome but was hoping it wasn't...

I didn't want to tear in to it at the campground as I didn't want to be in the running for that heavy ass trophy...

mac 'tearing locker out tomorrow to determine if it's toast' gyvr

Ps I'm lucky to have got off the mountain as it was locking up completely trying to get it in the garage from the trailer...

I might find more after I take it all apart to fix things. But so far... Lost the pinion nut, damaged the pinion seal, could have been a lot worse. pushed a tire off the rim, no real damage done. Then, broke a leaf main spring, jammed it through the floor and into a battery. Melted a hole in an ARB line with my exhaust. Smashed my tie rod pretty bad. Blew a power steering high pressure line. Threw a belt. Dead alternator. Lost a VHF antenna. Bad wheel bearings. Passenger front brake rotor and pads trashed, warn premium hub broken. Pretty sure I have a loose t-case chain, bad SYE output bearing, and I think I have a u-joint gone bad

I might find more after I take it all apart to fix things. But so far... Lost the pinion nut, damaged the pinion seal, could have been a lot worse. pushed a tire off the rim, no real damage done. Then, broke a leaf main spring, jammed it through the floor and into a battery. Melted a hole in an ARB line with my exhaust. Smashed my tie rod pretty bad. Blew a power steering high pressure line. Threw a belt. Dead alternator. Lost a VHF antenna. Bad wheel bearings. Passenger front brake rotor and pads trashed, warn premium hub broken. Pretty sure I have a loose t-case chain, bad SYE output bearing, and I think I have a u-joint gone bad

Wow, that's a LOT more than we though originally haha

On a side note, it was awesome to meet you man!! Always good to put a name with a face!!

My tires look like this /-\ instead of this |-| so I need to figure that out.....

Broke my rear driveshaft. Brianho camp ground fixed it. Can't keep my track bar frame side bracket tight so I bought HDOR front stiffeners and I'm going to weld the bracket to those.

just about lost both front tires on hwy 119 because of loose lugnuts, i lost brake pressure late in the day on saturday and had some body damage. jeep ran strong for me.

e7u5uvuq.jpg

The hot mess wasn't supposed to go on the trail at all. Caught a radio tower cable on the mirror that bent the sheet metal. Would have much rather just had the mirror break. Over all I went home better than I came!

Lost rear tire due to bending steel wheel, broke drivers coil spring, and almost broke the passenger LCA axle bracket off and a few more dents. Nothing suprising.

A few more dents and scratches. Bent valve stem was discovered Sunday while airing up. Hole in diff cover. Scraped the new paint on my rims but they didn't bend! That is all I believe.

A few more dents and scratches. Bent valve stem was discovered Sunday while airing up. Hole in diff cover. Scraped the new paint on my rims but they didn't bend! That is all I believe.

Did you forget about having to weld your jeep back together on the trail?

Did you forget about having to weld your jeep back together on the trail?

Hey that was just the traction bar mount in the body and yes I did and thank you very much sir! :spin1:

I broke the truck frame, and a few steering box bolts. I drove it like an ultra 4 car all weekend with no mechanical or drivetrain breakage though.

Bent driver side front main leaf (Lower Rock Garden)

Crushed passenger side rocker (Fish Fossil)...cool thing is I had to do no work to get the door back on and closed...went on perfect!!

Dead (free to me) winch (Intimidator) (guess freebies aren't always good)

Lost a brand new bottle of French's Mustard on Pinball.

Popped my locker airline.....I'll take it.

We ended up with a busted taillight and minor hatch dent, from the opening section of can opener I think it was.(didn't do all of that rock section)

A broken off radio antenna from driving on highway with MWC flag.

We also wasted a pretty new motor mount and ripped the lower fitting at the intake side of my Spectre cowl intake completing Lower rock garden.

Not too bad considering we ordered steel tail lights before we left. Now I just have to decide if I need the brackets with my Brown dog rubber motor mounts, or just want them.

Back