• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiper linkage?

I have a 1987 Comanche that is still my "reliable" vehicle. I have owned it for 17 years. The windshield wiper linkage just broke. (connecting the motor to the wipers). it's under the small grating between the firewall and dash. I am looking for a replacement part. Jeep dealer says they cant get one and internet searches are not finding any. Aside from a junk yard, does anyone know where I can get a new one?
Thanks,
Seht

What wrong with a used one ? I have bought 2, one to install, and one to keep for later. Both work just fine. I paid $ 16 for the complete motor and linkage assembly.

I'd just get used.

At some point long ago, I think someone mentioned that auto parts stores with the "Help" line of bubble packed goodies often have a set of bushings, made originally for Chryslers, that can be used on an XJ. You can get a little more life out of the ones on it by taking them out and turning them around.

Back