• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackles hitting my relocators

paddlernate

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like some input on my rear shackle setup. It's all brand new, never been driven on, but I can already tell that the shackles are going to contact the replicator brackets. I trimmed like 3/8" off the bottom of the relocator brackets, and ground the corners of the shackles and brackets, and it's still gonna hit. I'm in the farthest hole forward, but the shackle isn't flat, it's pretty much right where I'd like to see it. Moving the shackle 1 hole back results in a less desirable shackle angle.
utugu5y2.jpg
jedu8age.jpg
vamu5u7a.jpg

The relocators are RC, shackles are 3/4" lift Rustys, OME 3.5" leafs. How are folks making this work?Do I need different shackles?

Move it one hole backwards, the angle will change and it will raise ya up a bit, but it won't bind up as early in the spring cycle.

Seems like a boomerang shackle would be a better option.

I just cut mine until it didn't hit, from what I can tell most shackles will hit.
I only have two holes left and use the front on.

Move the shackle back one hole, the springs will break in anyways which will correct the angle. Then cut off everything behind that hole.

If the shackle is where you want it then it's simple. Cut cut some more then cut till nothing remains that will prevent shackle movement or strength of the bracket. Would be very easy to make a new lower part out of box tubing a drill press and some cutoff discs in the event you need a new part.

Also if that pic is ride height id suggest moving the shackle one hole forward as that is to much angle as it sits. You want a 45 degree lean going on that looks like about a 70 plus degree and will prevent flex as spring has no where to go once shackle bottoms out.

Last edited:
I personally, if you have the money, would Cut n tuck your rear quarters.I would then buy longer rear springs with the center bolt back about an inch, move the shackles to the rear hole and call it good. you would only need one lung gir mainly possibly here's secondary leaves as well.

If you've got an angle grinder and a handful of cutoff wheels...
Measure maybe 1/4" forward of where your shackle is hitting the bracket & 1/4" down from the top of the rear edge of the relocator. Draw the line & cut it there.
You don't want to cut the bracket flush with the top surface because you'll lose a lot of rigidity if you do.
Slice at an angle & grind / massage things as necessary until your shackle doesn't hit.

Back