• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Day Hikes, Deer valley

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
I'm going to come up to your dinner and raffle but I don't want to wheel with all your f***tards. Anybody know any good day-hikes in the area? I'll probably have my kids with me so nothing too strenuous.

The higher the altitude the better, I'm technically training for a Whitney summit later in August.

Thanks

There's a lot of hiking up there.

For a more mellow short hike you can hike around lake alpine. Pretty easy but it's really pretty.

Inspiration point is on the east side of Lake Alpine with about a 600ft elevation change. You start by hiking around the lake and then cut up a nice steep climb to the top.

Hike to the top of Mt. Reba by the bear valley ski resort. Thats a good solid hike. Rough elevation change from 7350ft to 8700ft.

Woodchuck basin starts right past lake alpine as you're driving east. That's a good hike too.

There's some nice hiking out at Highland lakes up highway 4 (east) from camp.

Also some hiking up by Kinney lakes, which is also up highway 4 from camp.

Duck lake is also out there but is a fairly easy hike. Just saw that in Josh's link.

Haven't been to bull run yet.

Back