• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 knuckle swap options

crazymaci

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up d30 high pinion for 50$, with no knuckles, my question is can I use my low pinion knuckles? Or can I use grand cherokee knuckles and upgrade to the bigger brake set up, but would I have to run 16" rim and have the 5 on5/12 bolt patern, is there a write up on the front conversion?

He's screwing with you.
99-04 Grand Cherokee knuckles swap on with the right combination of steering parts (options, here), lower ball joints (99-04 Grand Cherokee), hubs (2001 Cherokee), spacers (numerous manufacturers) and then you have two choices of rotor (neither one are a direct bolt on) and in the end, you have 5x4.5 bolt pattern just like original.
High Pinion & Low Pinion knuckles are the same.
84-89 (or is it 90? can't remember) use a different knuckle but if you match the hubs, rotors & calipers to the model year you pull the knuckles from you should be fine. I'm hazy on the early XJ stuff though so don't take this as gospel.
I've heard from some Chevy S10 forum reading that late model Dodge Dana 44 knuckles will swap onto a Dana 30 but haven't verified this. It's a weird option but I think it's an option.
Easiest thing, by far, is to run your LP knuckles / hubs / brakes (which you can do)

Thought so.... Thanks for the lengthy typing(I use a phone) but that is some good info that I needed, I like the idea of going the mile fora payoff, though the easy way is always appealing

Back