• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thanks

Sabalon Glitz

NAXJA Forum User
I'm not sure where to post this but i wanted people in this forum to see it. I've been on this site since 2006. I've found lots of useful info and kept my jeep going for all those years thanks to all who post. Today somebody stole my jeep. All my hardwork gone. i just wanted to say thanks to all who hedlped along the way whether you knew it or not.

SAD.., but also hope it is returned to you unharmed.

In those "Old Days", if someone stole a horse, and got caught, they got strung up high. Seems our laws have even gotten 'wusified' even towards horse theft these days, let alone inanimate transportation objects that we depend upon for our livelihood, and or life style.

As a certified techno-peasant, is there some kind of inexpensive locator device that can be hidden on the vehicle.., see'em in the movies. Never tried to 'google' for 'em, but if there is such a thing, maybe it can be discussed in the NAXJA Forum as to which models are excellent. Reckon it would be some 'On Star' thing, or some such, as a GPS system, or a cell phone tower triangulation type pinging thing.

Seems our XJ's are prime objects for auto parts thefts.

Bummer man, there is a shop here that advertises tracking systems for show cars I have considered talking with.

I really hope you can get your Xj back man, not gonna lie I would be crushed. My setup is practically my life savings lol. Hopefully we can get some good responses on tracking systems and maybe save someones setup.

The jeep gods were smiling down on me!!! Looking for old xj's is not top priority on the police list of things to do. it was very high. on my priority list
Called everyone i knew for help and to be on the lookout for it
even posted it on facebook. One of my nephews told me where teenagers usually go. partying back in the woods and i may find it there. i went looking and there it was hid near an abandoned house well off the road. No damage andd nothing missing. Called police they did their thing and i drove her home. I feel so lucky to have her back.Don't know what you got till its gone.

One of my nephews told me where teenagers usually go. partying back in the woods and i may find it there. i went looking and there it was hid near an abandoned house well off the road. No damage andd nothing missing. Called police they did their thing and i drove her home. I feel so lucky to have her back.Don't know what you got till its gone.

Congrats!! My 2000 was stolen in New Orleans about 2 months after I purchased it. It was found 48 hours later behind an apartment building missing the radio, steering column torn up, and missing anything not bolted down. A lot of work tools and other personal belongings. I got in at 3am from work the morning that it was stolen. When I picked it up the cop had the guts to mention that I hadn't used the steering wheel club. I lost it. Funny thing is the insurance agency was trying to total it out and give me a settlement 12 hours after it was stolen. I told them to wait a bit.

The jeep gods were smiling down on me!!! Looking for old xj's is not top priority on the police list of things to do. it was very high. on my priority list
Called everyone i knew for help and to be on the lookout for it
even posted it on facebook. One of my nephews told me where teenagers usually go. partying back in the woods and i may find it there. i went looking and there it was hid near an abandoned house well off the road. No damage andd nothing missing. Called police they did their thing and i drove her home. I feel so lucky to have her back.Don't know what you got till its gone.

party1:

No one knows the pain one feel when there is a loss in the family except those who actually experience the loss.

My 1994 XJ was stolen from the drive way in Miami, FL in 2003 and was never seen again. Funny thing was, it had no grill, header panel, radiator, battery , bumper etc. It suffered a front end collision a few weeks earlier. I went out for 2 hours and returned with a pickup filled with parts to repair it. I still have the header panel and grill 11 years later. Most of the other stuff were used on the 1996 I have now.

I love it when there is a good ending to an other wise tragic occurrence.

Back