• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can i shoot air/pellet gun at Holy Jim

MUKAK714

NAXJA Forum User
want to take my son shooting

can i shoot my Benjamin .22 cal air rifle there? not hunt just shoot soda cans

i did see some kids there a few years ago with a pellet gun, just wanna make sure

National forest area no. Only hunting is allowed. The area before it is un-incorporated. The use of air rifles within "City" limits is a no go.(still considered a firearm)

Did the laws change at some point? When I was a older kid (25 yrs ago lol) it was legal to shoot in the back yard if you had a min. I think 6ft solid wall and was not open to be scene from off your property.

But that was a long time ago.

Damn I had no idea that it was illegal to shoot an air rifle/gun on your own property. I used to shoot a 1.77 pellet air rifle in my back yard all of the time. I have a 6 ft cement fence surrounding my back yard.

What you can do, even if it is illegal sometimes depends on what you are doing and your relationship with your neighbors, especially if your neighbors have a gopher problem too. I guess in a few years when there are drones filling the skys you will have to be even more careful.

This thread prompted me to write this:

Dear Anabele Cornejo,
I am writing to inquire as to the status of the Orosco Ridge Shooting Area.

According to this alert:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/cleveland/alerts-notices/?aid=9689

"Once funding and resources are available, the Forest Service will continue to work on developing a future plan." This was dated November 2011.

Can you please let me know the current status of this plan?

Thanks,
Mike

----------------

I won't hold my breath.

It's where I learned to shoot my first gun when I was a kid. To this day I see father's and son's shooting pellet guns. I don't think you would be bothered cops and rangers are more worried about speeding kids on the road and off-roaders.

Back