• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

0331 fail. motor swap time

Hippie Metal

NAXJA Forum User
My 00 XJ 189k on it finally decided enough was enough. Buddy of mine is parting out his 95 with 100k. Motors been HIGHLY maintained by him over the years . He owes me a favor or two, so im getting the motor for free. Somebody told me theres a few things I need to do to make it all work. Mainly, the coil pack, cap/rotor difference. Anbody care to shed some light on the subject? I used the search a little bit, but not having a computer and only a cell phone, it becomes a pita.

Remove and re-use ( or replace with new ) as needed or required from your original engine: Intake/Exhaust manifolds, flex plate/flywheel, cylinder head, distributor-less ignition or distributor assembly, engine sensors, fan belt driven accessories, and/or mounting brackets.

If you have a cracked 0331 head, buy a good used redesigned and more durable TUPY 0331 head from a 2002+ 4.0L TJ Wrangler 1997-06 or WJ Grand Cherokee 1999-04.

If I had the money I would buy a new head. The "free" thing is very appealing right now. Given bills, gas, and a cylindrical item for a female. If it's my only option I guess I'm stuck, but does anybody else have some input. Currently my only transport is my bike, which is giving us a decent amount of frustration.

Back