• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dirtbound DIY rear bumper - little help please

I was trying to figure out what this was and where it goes since there's no documentation with the kit. . . .

I was able to message with Dirtbound directly yesterday and they enlightened me. It's the filler piece for the end cap below the taillight. . . . in case anyone else need this later.

Yes, I've built one of their bumpers and am about to build a second one. I should a write up. I had a bumper to go off of and took measurements.

Yes, a few measurements and drawings would be nice. It's not rocket science, but to get started you're kinda guessing exactly where everything needs to go so it all lines up when you're done.

Here's my progress so far.

Lol. The lantern. I'm with the OHCR (short line on OH owned by G&W). Still a greenhorn though. Working on 4 years with just over one behind the throttle...

Awesome to both of you... I'm a railroad historian, about to get published on a paper I wrote about the shutdown of the old Northwestern Pacific RR near Eureka CA. Wish we still had a railroad here.

Back