• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ swap w/ stock drag link?

yossarian19

NAXJA Forum User
I'm picking up some of the last parts for the WJ swap today and looking at the next step, steering, I'd like to keep it on a budget.
Will the factory XJ drag link work with the WJ knuckle, provided I move the track bar OTA? Or is it too long?
I'll probably go with a Ruffstuff tie rod but am not 100%. Looking to reuse what I can.

I can't think of a reason that it *wouldnt* work..

But i don't know that its the best route. I can't see building a trackbar and mount at the height of going under the knuckle on the draglink arm, and it would be quite a bit of work to drill out and install a taper insert for a small taper tre from the top.

Once you factor in that labor, doing a heim/dom draglink isn't very far away. It just seems like a waste to go 80%..

Pickup the RS crossover kit on a holiday weekend sale. And either karma the stock drag link or sell to recoup a little $$.

I can't think of a reason that it *wouldnt* work..

But i don't know that its the best route. I can't see building a trackbar and mount at the height of going under the knuckle on the draglink arm, and it would be quite a bit of work to drill out and install a taper insert for a small taper tre from the top.

Once you factor in that labor, doing a heim/dom draglink isn't very far away. It just seems like a waste to go 80%..

Does it change anything for you that I'm running a 2.5" lift?
I don't think I need the angle reduction of going over the knuckle. I'd also thought the JKS bracket was built for UTK? Not trying to argue, just want to make an informed decision.

JW - I may well do that. I'd like to put it together & install sooner than later, of course, but more than that I'd like to install it and not mess with it again.

I suppose that it does.

I see no reason not to do it, other than a lack of appropriate overkill. :)

That is all assuming it will adjust down short enough, but it probably will.

Seems like, due to the curve in the factory bar, the rod end on the track bar would almost be maxed out at static height with the axle end raised up that high.

Just a thought.

Back