• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New wheels/tires in prep for WJ conversion

NCCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Bought these rims last year all 4 for $125, stripped and refinished, I think I had a thread in the body forum.

Bought tires this week, cooper discoverer ST Maxx in 275/70/R18, which comes out to about 33.5"x11.4".

Took my one of the old trxus MTs I had on that had the best tread and replaced my dry rotting spare.

zetuda3a.jpg

u9ube9ub.jpg

a5y9umyt.jpg

Old tires
naqysyqy.jpg

New tread
jejuta3y.jpg

Rims are off a dodge magnum, 18", alloy. I've heard the arguments about the bolt pattern, not real concerned about it. Tires are much smoother and quieter than my old tires. I was a little worries about the rim size, but after painting over the chrome, and once mounted, I love the look, and it's my jeep. As mentioned, I got the knuckles, rotors, calipers and brackets from an '04 WJ. Hope to swap those on later this summer. Probably go with ruff stuff steering, offset TREs for tie rod, high mis alignment for the draglink, and rod ends for the track bar. Think ill use ruff stuff ota TB mount. I think it will result in a slightly shorter trac bar than the JKS mount, but since it is closer to axle centerline it will be easier to push axle forward eventually.

Unfortunately I won't be doing a lot of wheel too soon, we have a 2 month old and 2 year old, so the eventual plan is 17" bead locks and 37" tires down the road. I made these rims work so I could get on the WJ stuff sooner

Back