• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crap... Piece fell outta steering column before I could look

SBpunk

NAXJA Forum User
So this piece fell out of the steering column and I didn't have a chance to see how it was place in there. There is a metal retaing clip that runs down the steering shaft. Not sure if it goes over or under. Any help would be appreicated.

I am thinking that is part of the high beam actuator. The curved end interfaces with the steel rod that goes down to the high/low switch mounted on the column.

I am thinking that is part of the high beam actuator. The curved end interfaces with the steel rod that goes down to the high/low switch mounted on the column.

Perfect call. I got it in there just took some sleep and fresh eyes. The plastic piece acts as a level (piss poor design with the flimsy plastic) that pushes down on the metal rod. So the rod goes under.

Did that before. It took me the better part of an hour to get in in right. But i was working upsode down in the drivers seat.

I had mine on the bench a year or two ago. It still took a few tries to get everything back together and working like it should.

Back