• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heavy gas smell

frontman

NAXJA Forum User
I'm on my second 98 plus cherokee. Current is a 2000. With both after lifting 6" there is a really strong gas smell all the time. Happens idling and while drivi g. Anyone else have this problem. I had a 91 that never did this.

Gas cap is on and good no codes driven several hundred miles since lift but still smells. Didnt smell before lift.

then you damaged something while lifting it.
I'd have a hard look at the evap lines and the solenoid pack in the rear under the drivers side.

no reason that changing suspension changes emissions junk.

Quick check, open your hood and look at the injector rail specifically around the fuel pressure regulator. Look for any dripping fuel or evidence of a minor fuel leaks. Also perhaps the bolts to your lift/LA's or trans mount might have inadvertently been damaged? Our fuel lines run along the frame and right thru where the bolts go thru? Hope this helps,,,,

Back