• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No-slip troubleshooting help

SolarBell

NAXJA Forum User
I put in a no-slip a while back. Worked fine for a month until I towed a heavy load. Now it unloads and bangs like crazy even when driving straight (I realize my tires may be a little of in wear or pressure). Haven't done much with lockers so I need a little advice.

First off, since when does gear oil get foamy?

Anyway, it seems to unload more when turning right, for whatever reason.

The gap is 0.125" on one side and 0.150" on the other. I got this used so I don't have the install tool to check the gap. You can see a gap in the teeth that lines up with the side that has the smaller gap.

I'm pulling it completely apart now. Other than obvious breakage, is there something else I should be looking for?

Change the springs that are in the center. You might have broken the active spacer tab causing it to slip also. you can get all the parts from jegs or summit racing.

this is what happened to mine, the one on the left is supposed to have the same tab as the one on the right.

I'd call them and confirm the part number before you order it. I don't remember what part number it was.

Back