• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 piece cross members

clayton3854

NAXJA Forum User
I know clayton offroad makes a 3 piece cross member, and i checked out IRO and they do as well, now iv heard the rubicon express is a 3 piece is this true? are there any other company's out there who make a 3 piece cross member. thanks for all and any input

HD Offroad Engineering is about to release three link brackets that mount to the frame rail on each side leaving the stock cross member (or whatever other crossmember) you already have in place....You can just as easily use these brackets to build long arms off of.

HD Offroad Engineering is about to release three link brackets that mount to the frame rail on each side leaving the stock cross member (or whatever other crossmember) you already have in place....You can just as easily use these brackets to build long arms off of.

still currently running radius arms and looking for a 3 piece so i can remove the center section to remove/work on my tcase. Thanks anyways Brian!

Keep us posted.

Well that's just great....if they are anything like your shackle boxes and frame stiffeners, they will be awesomely well made and really affordable!!! I can't wait, another thing I need to be saving for :broke:

Wish these were out a year ago!

starshiptroopers.jpg

Can they be positioned far enough forward to do middy.....basically right after frame horns go parallel to ground? Joint size openings? separation? Passenger/driver/both?

starshiptroopers.jpg

Can they be positioned far enough forward to do middy.....basically right after frame horns go parallel to ground? Joint size openings? separation? Passenger/driver/both?

Yup.
Lowers will be 2-5/8 uppers will be a 2" joint. Will be pretty adjustable front to back.

2284296C-D894-44A9-BE07-1746E5E327E6_zpspz27emr6.jpg.html

This is rev 1 that I am running. Another gentleman is getting ready to install on his rig. I am going to do a couple mods to the design.

Real soon.

still currently running radius arms and looking for a 3 piece so i can remove the center section to remove/work on my tcase. Thanks anyways Brian!

I guess the question is, what kind of suspension are you running now? Home Made? A Name Brand? Are you using Ford style mounts at the chassis end, or is it like your typical long arm with flex bushings at the chassis end?

-Ron

I guess the question is, what kind of suspension are you running now? Home Made? A Name Brand? Are you using Ford style mounts at the chassis end, or is it like your typical long arm with flex bushings at the chassis end?

-Ron

Im currently running a 6.5" RC long arm kit with 6.5" cooil springs in the front with 4.5 full RC leafs in the rear with 2" adj Rc shackles and HD shackle relocation brackets

Ah...
I'm running a Clayton setup. I haven't needed to remove the crossmember, but it looks easy to do. 4 bolts a side and the tranny mount.

I haven't seen Brian's design, however, it seems to me that the difference between a radius long arm setup and a 3 link is 1 link ;) And he has a reputation of making quality stuff.

-Ron

Here is a picture of my skid set up on my Clayton crossmember (just posted about this on CF).
u7ary8en.jpg

Sorry about the blurry pic. Heavy, but I think it is a great set up. I surprisingly haven't had many deep scratches on it. The arms seem to take most of the beatings.

I had to remove it to replace my front output seal on my t case. It came out and went back in just fine.

Thanks its my post over on CF as well, I know there are diff members on each forum so best of both worlds advice wise, anyways I like your setup, those are custom skids I assume, as I stated idk if/when ill upgrade to a 3 link, right now trying to get all the parts I have installed and then start saving. I just want the easy access to my tcase and to have it protected as well.

2284296C-D894-44A9-BE07-1746E5E327E6_zpspz27emr6.jpg.html

This is rev 1 that I am running. Another gentleman is getting ready to install on his rig. I am going to do a couple mods to the design.

Real soon.

I like. I guess it'll fit around frame rails that already have HDO middy stiffeners? Are all of those holes for plug welds? Does it come with a nerf gun? Should I stop asking questions until you make a thread for it?

Back